Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Music These Days

I know I haven't posted in forever, but I promise I will get better about that.

Music is a huge influence on society. Artists who rule the charts on iTunes have a stunning effect on listeners' minds. Studies have shown that songs with positive messages help people to be more positive, so why wouldn't it be the same for negative messages?

That brings us to Katy Perry. I'd post here lyrics on here, but, frankly, I don't even think that should go on a Catholic blog. With sites like girlslife.com and other teen sites recommend such filth its no wonder that her new album was #1 on the charts for so long and is extremely popular with teenage girls. About a month ago, I was riding my skateboard down to the park, when I saw this girl, maybe about 9, walking listening to "Teenage Dream" blasting so loud that I could hear it clearly through her headphones. She had a full face of make up, tight clothes and just looked like a mini pagan 17 year old. I was shocked. I'm gonna cave and give you the lyrics: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20101004013547AAY1bSX . This so sad, people.

Anyway, be careful about the music you listen. It will affect you and your life.

Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment....we love them!

There was an error in this gadget