Friday, December 17, 2010

An effect on our culture: Celebrity fashion

A while before, Anna posted about how music affects our culture, now I am going to post on how celebrity fashion affects our culture. For most people, celebrities play a huge role in their lives. Celebrities, because they are famous, are looked upon by many, many people, and that is why they should be role models in the way they dress. Huge amounts of teenagers and young women are following the example of their favorite celebrity, leading towards immodest dress. With examples like Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, and Rihanna, many young ladies are following suit.
I don't think it's bad to like celebrities or to take cues from their fashion. People just need to make sure that they don't start to worship their favorite celebrities and that they watch who they take their fashion ideas from. For that reason, I like celebrities like Gwyneth Paltrow. I read a book once in which she was quoted, "My mother told me 'Always dress like a lady, and you'll never regret it.'" These are the type of celebrities that should be role models for all young women, in both fashion and attitude.

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree Audrey. That's why when I do my Look For Less posts I try and find modest outfits that the celebrities wear to tell young women that they can still like a celebrity without dressing immodestly. It's so hard in this society to find appropriate role models for all the teenage girls out there. I hope I've helped a few of them, along with you.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment....we love them!

There was an error in this gadget