Sunday, January 30, 2011

Ribbon Crafts

Okay, I'm not going to lie. This week has been really hard for me. I was still recovering from the flu, and I had trouble on a Science test. I was frustrated with myself that I couldn't get a question that was difficult, but one that I could answer with some thinking. For some reason I couldn't bring my mind to understanding it at that moment, and I was completely upset because I couldn't. I was born into a family of geniuses (not to brag or anything) and being one of the least smart in my family, I always think I am stupid and I can't understand anything. But my mom talked to me and she told me to do the best I can do in school, but be who I am, instead of trying to be a super super smart braniac. So, because coming up with and doing crafts is something I am excellent at, I'm going to be posting three series on crafts that are easy and fun to do. This first segment is on crafts with ribbons. Enjoy!

Pearl and Ribbon Necklace

Supplies needed: 1 (imitation) pearl necklace + 1 white ribbon the length of your necklace



What to do: Take one end of the necklace, near the clasp, and one end of the ribbon. Tie the end of your ribbon in a knot at the end of your necklace. (shown above) Next, you just loosely wrap the ribbon around your necklace until you reach the end (of your ribbon and necklace) then you tie a knot at the other end of your necklace.
Result of craft shown below.



Ribbon Bangles


Supplies needed: A couple of cheap bangles (I got a pack of 10 or 15 at Walmart for less than $3) + 1 medium length ribbon (you can use lace or just plain)

What to do: Take a few of your bangles (2 to 6) and take your ribbon. Tie the end of your ribbon in a knot around your bangles (shown above) be sure to leave a little room at the end of your ribbon. Wrap the long end of your ribbon around your bangles, each overlapping. (shown below) Do this until the end, but be sure not to cover up the short end of your knot. Once you reach the end, tie the loose end of your ribbon into a knot with the short end of your original knot.


Result(s):

Depending how many bangles you use, they will be thicker or thinner. How many bangles used (top to bottom): 2 bangles, 3 bangles, 4 bangles and 5 bangles.



Ribbon Headband
A quick and easy idea if you want to change up an old headband


Change this:

Into this:

Supplies needed: 1 headband + a lot of ribbon (optional: double sided tape)
NOTE: How much ribbon you need depends on how wide your headband is. My headband is about 2 and 1/2 to 3 inches wide, so I needed almost 18 feet of ribbon, no joke.
What to do: Take your headband and your ribbon. Start overlapping the ribbon all the way around your headband, like you did on the bangles. Once you reach the end, secure the ribbon either using double sided tape, knotting it, or, if you have ribbon with wire in it, wrap the ribbon around itself a few times. The result:
Hope you enjoyed all of these fun crafts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment....we love them!

There was an error in this gadget