My friend and her mom came up with the idea to practice the Corporal Works of Mercy during Lent, one on each Friday. Isn't that cool?. I added some easy, effective, and safe ideas to help you.
1. Feed the hungry. Donate some food to your local food bank or volunteer at a soup kitchen.
2. Give drink to the thirsty. Donate some bottled water to your food bank.
3. Clothe the naked. Donate your old clothes to a charitable organization. You could also buy some clothes (new or used) for your local crisis pregnancy center.
4. Shelter the homeless. Churches normally have a way of donating basic living items to your local homeless shelter. Ask your pastor if your church has a program.
5. Comfort the imprisoned. This one is tricky. To stay on the safe side, pray extra hard for those in jail.
6. Visit the sick. Volunteer at a hospital or nursing home. Older people are often lonely.
7. Bury the dead. Place graves on your relatives' graves or if that's not possible, go with a friend to their relatives' graves.
Hope this helps!