Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Joy of Fashion interview

I recently had the joy to interview Marie from The Joy of Fashion. The Joy of Fashion is an excellent style blog written by a Catholic.


Me:How does your Catholic faith affect the way you dress?
Marie: My Catholic faith makes me want to dress conservative and appropriate to each situation. I always feel uncomfortable wearing really short skirts/dresses or very revealing tops, so I try to stay away from those.



You seem to be a very positive person. How do you maintain such a happy attitude?
There is so many things to be happy about, why shouldn't one be happy everyday? God has given us the gift of life, just waking up every morning should be a good reason for celebration. I manage to stay happy everyday by always remembering the many blessings in my life. I'm especially thankful for having a wonderful family, boyfriend, and friends.



Any advice for new bloggers?
Always stay true to yourself and don't compare yourself to others. It's so easy to feel discouraged as a new blogger because there are so many other bloggers that have more visitors, comments, etc. Don't let that keep you down! Persevere and keep doing your thing!
Audrey:Where do you get your fashion inspiration from?
Marie:Most of my sense of style was first acquired by watching my mother. She has always been an inspiration for me. Apart from her, I also get lots of inspiration from other fellow bloggers. Some of my favorites right now are Kendi Everyday (http://kendieveryday.blogspot.com/) and What I Wore (http://whatiwore.tumblr.com/)
Audrey:What's your favorite recipe/thing to bake?
Marie:Coincidently, I have been trying tons of new recipes lately, so that's a toughy! I think the best home baked thing I have tasted is either the Almond Bars my mom makes for Christmas or the Duncan Hines Decadent Triple Chocolate cake my mom made recently... Yum! But the best thing I have baked myself I think would be some Banana, Coconut, and Pineapple cupcakes I just made recently... they were delicious!


Thanks, Marie! Be sure to visit The Joy of Fashion!


BTW, this is my new account.

1 comment:

Please leave a comment....we love them!

There was an error in this gadget