Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!


Wishing all of the mothers reading this a Happy Mother's Day. I read earlier this morning that Mother's Day is not for celebrating mothers, but rather for celebrating all they've done for us. So, a special thank you to my own mom! She's always there to help me up when I fall, talk to me when I'm lonely, and she's great at giving awesome advice. She totally deserves this day of relaxing.


My two older brothers made a pull-apart sticky bun , goetta (also called grits, very popular around my town), and scrambled eggs for breakfast.


Pull apart sticky bun



Goetta



For dinner, my dad, two younger brothers, and I are making manicotti, salad, garlic bread, and THE best pie ever, Fluffy Lemon Pie (see below)




And, as a present, my brothers, Dad, and I pitched in together to get her what she wanted the most, this chair. She's wanted it for a long time, and she needed it for when she sat outside to watch my baby brother play, so she could lay down and relax. Too bad it's not the right weather for using it. Why does it have to be cloudy and cold on Mother's Day?


So, what did you do for your mother on Mother's Day?


Also, don't forget to enter our giveaway....only 6 entries so far!


1 comment:

  1. Wow some great stuff!
    I gave her a book as did my Dad(plus some flowers she convinced him to let her get.And Raspberry bushes).And after Church today we went out to eat at a Mexican restaurant.Happy Mothers Day!Sierra

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment....we love them!

There was an error in this gadget