Monday, August 22, 2011

Movie Review: The Help





I went and watched this movie the other night with two friends who i haven't seen in a while (a whole week can you believe that?! haha) soooo we had a lot of talking to do:P  The Help is set in the deep south in the 1960's when people were very prejudiced.  Skeeter, who dreams of being a writer decides to write a book of interviews of the black maids who work in her hometown of Jackson, Mississippi. She finally convinces one maid, Aibileen, to help her. Then another, Minny, joins them.


After much persuading from Aibileen and Minny  and a death, many more maids  join.


 There was a lot of swearing but that was the only bad thing I noticed.  you can read the review here from plugged in.  The movie stayed really true to the book, which I loved. You should TOTALLY read the book if you haven't already.  The movie was so sad and so funny.


1 comment:

  1. I thought the movie looked good.I'm glad you gave it a good review because one of my other friends said she stopped watching it because of the language.I think you did a good review! I know what you mean.My dad has a little cold and so we didn't go to church so we wouldn't spread germs.I got upset because I wanted to see my friends.I had just seen her Friday and my mom pointed that out."But it was Friday!It was a long time ago!" So I get it :) have a lovely day!
    Sierra
    Keep Growing Beautiful♥ (cause You Are!)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment....we love them!

There was an error in this gadget