Friday, January 13, 2012

Movie Review

Hey girls!! It's been...forever, I know. Life is busy!

I went to see the new movie The Adventures of Tintin with my family the other week, and I'd thought I'd tell you about it. Firstly, Tintin is a series of graphic novels by a man under the pen name Hergé, a French writer and artist. The books are about the adventures of a newspaper reporter, Tintin, and his dog Snowy. I've been reading Tintin since I was about ten and I've read all the books in the series.

Back to the movie--the animation was astonishing. The characters' facial expressions and body movements were so fluent, that for a moment I thought it was live action. The movie was a mix of the Tintin books The Secret of the Unicorn, Red Rackham's Treasure, and The Crab with the Golden Claws, though primarily the first two.

Tintin and his friend Captain Haddock are trying to find the treasure hidden by Sir Francis Haddock, Captain Haddock's ancestor. It was fast-paced, with lots of humor and excitement. There were lots of surprises, and if you've read the books, there were lots of inside jokes and characters that you'll recognize.

It's rated PG for some action scenes, with things such as animated sword/fist fighting and guns, but overall, I wouldn't think it's a big issue for kids. I highly recommend it for either something to do with a friend or with your family.
Click here to watch the trailer.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Kayleigh!! Tilly, here.. back from the dead :):) Awesome review!! I still haven't seen it, but am really excited; some people were saying they weren't going to see it because they heard it was "silly" and plus "TinTin?? Seriously??" Ha!! I, being a child at heart, was freaking out! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment....we love them!

There was an error in this gadget